Sunday 13 May 2012

Serena Williams Rap: Tennis Player, Actress Reveals New Hobby (AUDIO)



Serena Williams Rap Song
Serena Williams has taken to rapping.
Serena Williams, tennis star, fashion designer and sometimes actress has stepped into the booth to record a few songs. One of the rap songs was leaked to TMZ, and you can listen to the track below.
The oft-Grand Slam champion has admitted that she doesn't "love" tennis, so it seems the songs are another step in Williams' attempts to branch out. She has also joined Sleep Sheets, a company which offers sleep aids.
As for the lyrics? "I ball hard, no tennis racket / I can't see these haters through my Gucci glasses," she begins rapping over a bouncey, Southern-inflected beat. "Swag out this world you should call me Venus," she continues. "That's my sister, my name is Serena."
She even gets into a bit of "hashtag rap," the style in which one ends a couplet with a word that captures the essence of the preceding clause (it's something Lil' Wayne and Drake have perfected). In Williams' song, she raps: "I ain't ever been a loser, and I'm always on top (roofer)."
What do you think? Will the song herald a new career or be a big flop?




Serena Williams' Style Evolution

1 of 16
November 1998
×Sort by Ranking
Clive Brunskill, Getty Images Sport
  • 4
  • 5
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

No comments:

Post a Comment